Coronavirus Advice & Information
If you or a family member have symptoms of coronavirus for which you NEED to obtain medical advice...
please contact NHS24 on 111 who will assess your symptoms and advise you on what you should do next.
- DO NOT come into the practice unless we have specifically asked you to do so or you have a prearranged appointment with a Practice Nurse.
- If you are asked to come to the practice, please DO NOT come if you have symptoms that could be related to the virus. These include, but are not restricted to: a high temperature or fever, a new continuous cough, or a loss of, or change in, sense of smell or taste.
- We ask if patients with a scheduled appointment become unwell with relevant symptoms that they do not attend and contact us in advance to cancel or convert to telephone advice.
- All patients will be asked screening questions by reception staff.
- Please self-isolate and book a test if you have coronavirus symptoms. Testing is most effective within 3 days of symptoms developing. Find out about coronavirus testing and how to book.
- We have suspended online appointment booking.
- We will be operating a rolling rota and will review our capacity on an ongoing basis.
- Do not call the practice or 111 for an isolation note in Scotland. If you are self-isolating and need a note to give to your employer you can obtain one here: https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note.
- As always, patients should self-certificate for other absences up to 7 days. Here is the form: Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).
- We will not issue recommendation letters for holiday cancellations. We can also not offer opinion on whether to travel. Please refer to Foreign Office advice.
- For update to date information and advice please look at the NHS Inform website.
REMEMBER! If you or a family member have symptoms of coronavirus for which you NEED to obtain medical advice...
PLEASE CONTACT NHS24 on 111 who will assess your symptoms and advise you on what to do next.
We appreciate your support in this difficult time. Please share this message with friends, family and neighbours.
Further information about Coronovirus is available at www.nhsinform.scot/coronavirus including an interactive tool and information about a helpline for asymptomatic individuals with general enquires: 0800 028 2816
There is a Q&A on coronavirus available via the World Health Organisation website at www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses.
For the latest advice and updates from the UK Government visit www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public and information from the Scottish Government is available at https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/.
Updated: 13 July 2020